The York Water Company
Job Title: Certified Filter Plant Operator of Filter Plant Technician
Location: York, PA
Listing Date: October 20, 2016
Primary function is to properly operate Filter Plant and Raw Water Pumping Station. Works alone or directs helpers and other workmen as required.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: Filters, controllers, gauges, meters, chemical feeders, pumps, surface wash, laboratory equipment, etc.
MATERIALS: Water, chemicals, charts, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Anticipates changes in weather, water supply quantity and quality and consumption needs and controls plant accordingly.
2. Responsible for observing any unusual conditions in the water; such as objectionable tastes and odors, changes in acidity, alkalinity, turbidity, color, residual chlorine, manganese, etc., and either makes the necessary adjustments to treatment or calls for assistance.
3. Performs various routine physical, chemical and microbiological tests.
4. Controls the amount of chemicals being fed at the Filter Plant and Pumping Station.
5. Receives chemical and freight deliveries as necessary.
6. Fills chemical hopper at the Filter Plant if bulk handling equipment is not operational.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.yorkwater to submit an online application.
Interested applicants can apply online at: